Horses are the main horses in Black Desert Online. Firstly, there is no fast travel system in the BDO, and secondly, they serve as a drag force for heavy buggies. It is also possible to take part in a cavalry fight. In this article, we at MeinMMO explain how you can get these noble creatures.
In general, there are several ways to get a player in an MMORPG. You can hunt and tame horses for yourself, buy breeding animals from other players, or even rent them, or breed horses yourself.
How do I get a horse? To get a mountain, all you have to do is visit the stable keeper in the nearest major city and buy a jockey or carriage license for 15,000 silver. Of course, the latter could not be mounted, only harnessed to the carriage. Here we tell you how to get silver quickly.
Alternatively, you can summon the horse market via the same NPC and buy the horse you want. You can also sort the displayed horses by rank, talent and gender. With a bit of luck, the horses offered by the players will cost less than the NPC animals.
Can I borrow a horse? You can rent horses from friends, but a maximum of 8 horses and only one week. However, this feature is seldom or rarely used because the time and limited fees make it useless.
Where can I get my first mountain? The first mountain, i.e. a donkey, could be obtained for free via the Black Spirit quest line. The donkey’s experience increases while riding. Although there are three types of donkeys of different colours, mules have no gender in BDO and cannot be bred.
All about taming horses in Black Desert Online
What do I need to tame a horse? To tame a horse in BDO, you first have to meet two requirements.
The first is that you have reached at least level 5 in training. Using the “P” key you access this menu. In order to improve your training, you must first level up your horse. The easiest way to do this is with an automatic route search. For beginners, we recommend doing the first few levels with a donkey, which you get as an important bonus very early.
The second condition is some tools that need to be tamed. This includes a rope that can be purchased from the stable bouncer. Here we recommend buying at least 20 or even 30 lasso units, because the amount is reduced with each attempt to tame.
Sugar cubes are also important so that you can keep your horse calm while it is being tamed. You can easily make these yourself. By searching the NPC, you can buy 1 mineral water and 10 sugar canes from the cooking goods merchant and heat items with the “L” key.
How do I tame a horse? Have you found the right place for you and discovered some wild animals, then proceed as below. Important: you should not get too close and beginners should be especially patient during the first attempts, because the mini-game is a bit tricky. Especially since you have to use more sugar with a lower training level if you want to escape:
- Right click on your lasso
- Slowly move towards the horse using the W . key
- Left click activates when the red cross appears
- If you shoot poorly, or if the animal jumps forward, you have to start over.
- Slowly and cautiously approach the horse again
- Wait for the horse to ride with its front hooves
- The mini-game starts, confirm with the left mouse button
- By pressing the spacebar at the right moment you calm the horse
- Wait for the horse to ride its front hooves again
- Spam the space bar to land on the right side of the bar
- Slowly and carefully approach the wild horse again
- Use a sugar cube when he raises his front hooves so he doesn’t run away
- On average, you have to repeat this action 3 times, then the animal is yours
If you succeeded in taming the horse, then you should go to the stable guard and register it in your account. You have to enter a name for the animal and learn the gender of the animal – this is important for breeding, which we will explain to you in another guide in the future.
How do I level AFK my horse? You can raise your stand when you are away from the computer. To do this, you can use automatic track search and make sure the circle is large enough to put the horse in a gallop race. If the animal does not get up quickly because of a very small road, then there is no experience either.
It is important to pack enough carrots before riding the auto, because your horse wears out its stamina, and if it is tired, it will have a negative effect on the experience gained. Here you can simply check the “Automatically use carrot” checkbox and your horse will automatically do the rounds and eat on its own.
Youtuber Refaser handles the install system in BDO:
Interesting facts about horses in Black Desert Online
What else should I know? Finally, some additional information that will make it easier to breed and settle pregnant women:
- Initially, you have limited space in the barn, and it accommodates a maximum of three animals. Here you must invest contribution points to get a horse farm quickly. The higher the farm level, the more animals in the barn
- Never buy bred horses from the market that do not have breed points.
- You can sell your horses at the horse market. The price depends on the level, skills and gender. Logically, you could offer the mares at a higher price.
- You can buy a mountain breeding set in the Pearl Shop for 333 (stall) and 640 pearl (mare) to reset the number of points
- You gain five percent more experience while wearing the Silver Embroidered Coach Uniform. You can either buy it in the market or make it yourself. The fancy dress merchant has an outfit for you that gives you up to ten percent experience.
- If you run a horse a lot, it takes a lot of energy – you can refill it with carrots, which are available from the stable manager. Alternatively, you can create a field with carrots.
- By the way, you can settle horses if you trade. Just place them in front of the car and the experience will come almost automatically.
- To fight horses, you need stirrups, saddle, suit of armor, horse head and of course horseshoes to increase your animal’s attributes.
Finally, we have the current 2021 Black Desert Road Map with all the important information for you.