Poisonous plants pose a danger to humans and animals, so families with pets such as cats and dogs or young children should be careful when designing their own green oasis. Because there are actually many shrubs, perennials, and flowers whose flowers, leaves, and in some cases stems are poisonous.
Poisonous plants in the garden: These plants should be avoided by families with pets and young children
- High to moderately toxic plants:
Monkshood is a very poisonous plant. Even small amounts of the toxic toxin are life-threatening.
red fox glove It contains toxin digitalis glycosides, which are life-threatening even in small amounts. Its attractive red berries, which attract young children and pets, are especially dangerous.
All parts of the plant from cherry laurel They contain prunacin, a toxin that is only released when leaves are torn or branches or flowers are injured. Just touching plants should not cause any harm to health. The seeds in particular are highly toxic and can have health consequences.
All parts of the plant oleander Contains the glycoside olindin. The concentration of the poison in the flowers is especially high. Some strains are less toxic as the dried parts of the plant.
The Larkspur It is also poisonous in all its plant parts. The seeds in particular contain a high percentage of toxins. Signs of poisoning are vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
tannins It is one of the poisonous plants, with which one should only come in contact with protective clothing (gardening gloves and respiratory protection). All parts of the plant are highly toxic. Just touching the branches can cause allergic reactions in humans and animals and lead to skin irritation. But inhaling small parts of plants, for example during annual pruning, can also have consequences. Eating leaves, flowers, twigs, etc. also threatens the lives of pets and young children.
Silk Burst Seeds They contain mezerein, the bark – daphnetoxin. All parts of the plant are poisonous, and consumption can lead to swallowing difficulties, convulsions, and heart disturbances.
gold rain Contains the poison simistine. All parts of the plant contain cysteine, with the seeds most commonly eaten. A sure sign of poisoning is vomiting, which occurs a few minutes after ingestion. You should definitely consult a doctor or veterinarian, because the poison is life-threatening and can even stop breathing.
Practically everyone Vegetable parts of Datura It contains toxins. However, the concentration in the seed and root zone is particularly high.
Moreover yew Poisonous in all parts of the plant. The toxic toxin is considered life threatening, even small amounts can have serious consequences. In the worst cases, it can lead to heart failure.
subordinate spotted hemlock Highly toxic to humans and animals. Cosmic Alkali can enter the body through the mucous membrane and skin. Even small amounts can have serious consequences.
The Elephant ear toxins Present in milky juice. Contact with the skin may cause irritation and redness. Eating any part of the plant is dangerous.
Moderate to poisonous plants in the garden
hydrangea: Beautiful hydrangeas have become indispensable in the home garden. They are among the most popular garden plants. Unfortunately, all parts of the plant contain cyanide, which is a highly toxic substance.
Is ivy poisonous? Yes, creeping and ground cover contain the toxin falcarinol. Therefore, its fruits are inedible for humans and pets. However, some birds can eat it easily.
Moreover Daffodils are poisonous. Even the water in the vase in which the cut flowers are soaked is poisonous.
Hard to believe, but it’s true: Grape lilies and the lily It belongs to the poisonous onion flowers.
These plants are considered poisonous, but in fact they are not!
How toxic is primrose? Only one species is poisonous – cup primrose. All other items must be harmless to health.
he is Slippery poisonous cow? No, cow flower is not toxic to humans. However, it contains saponins that can cause stomach problems in small pets.
Is calathea poisonous? for cats? No, the houseplant is not poisonous. Therefore, it is an ideal houseplant for families with cats, rabbits or dogs as pets.
The I was in Palm It is non-toxic and useful for families with pets.
However, it is important to remember that although a plant is classified as non-toxic, this does not automatically mean that the leaves and flowers can be eaten. So families with young children and pets should put indoor plants where they are not accessible to domestic cats and the like, or children.