That’s why a doggie robe can come in handy on cold days
Is your dog a real water rat? Then you know the first reaction after a bath: a wet animal shakes its entire body to remove water and dirt residue from its fur. Unfortunately, it is still not clean.
Even if your dog is afraid of water, it’s inevitable for his coat to get wet — and dirty — on a rainy day or when playing in wet meadows. To remove dirt, the animal is usually rubbed with a towel before being allowed to return to the car or to the apartment. However, the fur has not dried yet, so dogs that don’t have a warm undercoat or breeds with short hair in particular, freeze faster. For elderly, weak or very young animals, this fact can have a negative impact on their health, especially on cold days. The drying process is accelerated with the dry head. And these are not all the advantages that a dog bathrobe offers.
These reasons talk about the dog bathrobe
- When your wet dog shakes themselves at home after splashing water in the nearest lake (or showers), wet dogs end up splash No longer in the apartment, but in a bathrobe.
- Dogs sometimes get bogged down in so much dirt when playing in the field that involuntary bathing is inevitable. With dry cape and upholstered furniture later dirt edges survived.
- a dog bathrobe Takes Humidity So your dog’s fur dries faster. This is a boon for elderly, sick, and very young animals that can freeze and cool down quickly.
- If you bring your dog car Should you transport, dry rue after your walk can ensure that your car stays clean – and that your dog stays dry during the trip.
- At home, four-legged friends have a favorite sleeping place they go to regularly – like a dog bed. The bathrobe makes sense so you don’t have to wash it after every “wet” walk.
- If you take your dog with you on a beach vacation, you can have one dry heads They are very useful – especially if you are staying in someone else’s residence (holiday apartment or the hotel) spend the night.
Buying a bathrobe for dogs: Here’s what you need to know
Before you make a decision on dry stinging, you should measure your dog – more precisely, his back. This is the only way to find the right shape for your pet that will fit you correctly and comfortably. You can determine the correct length by placing a tape measure between the base of the neck and shoulder to the base of the tail. It is important that your dog stands and does not lie or sit or else you will be setting an incorrect back length. If you know the right size for your dog, you should also consider the following point when buying: Dog bathrobe is usually made of absorbent and quick-drying material. polyester or microfiber manufactured, but there are also models of cotton.
Important: Never leave your dog unattended in a dry robe, lest he secretly free himself from it or even get caught somewhere. The dog’s bathrobe should be removed after 30 minutes at the latest, because it will get wet and the animal can cool down slowly.
How to get dogs used to the Dry Cape
It is important that you do not force your dog to be happy. Try it out first dry shrub Get used to it and let him smell it. Try putting the coat on your pet gently, then rewarding him with a reward – or positive reinforcement (such as a pat or praise). It is very likely that your dog will find the coat unfamiliar at first, reject it, and move around in it strangely. However, the animal usually gets used to the new situation very quickly, compared to its first collar or new collar. However, if your dog strongly resists the bathrobe, it is best to return to the towel.
And another note: If possible, avoid drying the dog’s fur with a hair dryer. Most fur noses like neither noise nor heat, and the skin is very sensitive to heat.
You may also be interested in:
This article contains so-called affiliate links. There is more information here.