The school bus takes children from Zernsdorf to Niederlehme to start school

Zirnsdorf. At the end of the holiday, parents of fourth graders in Zernsdorf are looking forward to the start of the new school year: starting next Monday, classes for nearly 50 students will be held at Zernsdorf Primary School in Montessori. A school bus takes children nine kilometers to Niederlehem in the morning.

Read more after the announcement

Read more after the announcement

The background is that the school building in Zernsdorf no longer offers enough space for an increasing number of children. An extension is planned. But for that to happen, temporary solutions must be created for the upcoming school years. Since there are no rooms available at any of the other schools in the city that could be used, the city administration reportedly relies on the school’s enclosures.

School containers were not delivered on time

However, the problem now is that the containers, which are supposed to make up for the lack of space, cannot be delivered and prepared on time. Completion is not expected until April 2023, which is too late for current first graders. With a total of more than 80 enrollments for the new academic year, there are more first-year students in Zernsdorf than in a long time.

Read more after the announcement

Read more after the announcement

Read also

The large number of new registrations has dire consequences for the current fourth classes. In order to ensure enrollment in schools in Zernsdorf, grades 4a and 4b must transfer to the Montessori Primary School in Niederlehme.

Montessori Primary School in Niederlehme.

Parents complain about the lack of information from the city

“I suppose everything will be fine on Monday,” Jennifer Dusseau said. According to her own statement, the parents’ spokeswoman has yet to receive any information on how the bus will be transported as of Monday. “We parents are on the same page the city told us at the end of the school year,” she said. This was confirmed by other affected parents, and “Hopefully there will be a bus on Monday,” Great Mindak said. The affected mother regretted that the parents did not have the opportunity to visit the classroom in Niederlehem before the start of the school year. After all, the children have already made a trip there with the teachers to get acquainted with the school building.

Read more after the announcement

Read more after the announcement

Taking Long, Early Trips: Frustrated Parents

The school bus to Niederlehme is supposed to leave the school in Zernsdorf at 7.30 am. For this to work, Jennifer Dusseau said, she had been practicing getting up early with her daughter for a week. So far it is enough for the children to be at school at 7.50 am.

After school, fourth graders will be taken back to Zirnsdorf. “It’s a disaster for us as a family,” Great Mindak said. The full-time working mother has a total of four children, all of whom attend primary school in Zirnsdorf. The extra track meant that her daughter would have to give up some of the hobbies she had been taking up in Zirnsdorf in the new school year afternoon – because the time was no longer right.

Pay for a new school campus in Niederlehme

At the end of the holiday, Volker Bourne, Mayor of Fernsdorf, also took part in the debate about the lack of classrooms and daycare centers in the city. “We have to think of our children and take urgent precautions,” he said, also with a view to building up to 300 apartments that could be built in the future in the old port of Niederlehem alone.

Volker Born, Mayor of Wernsdorf, KW.

Volker Born, Mayor of Wernsdorf, KW.

Read more after the announcement

Read more after the announcement

Born doubts that the city’s free primary school will be enough to meet the needs of children from Niederlehem, Siegenhals and Fernsdorf in the future. Born plans to develop a new school site along Schulstrasse. The Montessori School is located on a former military site. The surroundings of the school are comfortable. Schulstraße 1 has a dilapidated barracks building with a canteen. “The building has potential, you just have to make something right of it,” Bourne said.

Schulstraße 1, old barracks building in Niederlehme-Ziegenhals, KW: The property on the old NVA site allegedly belongs to the real estate company GKW Königs Wusterhausen.  The company is registered in the Hamburg Commercial Register.  The managing director is Joachim Felix Krebs, who is also involved with real estate agent Karl-Heinz Kreutz, aka.

Schulstraße 1, old barracks building in Niederlehme-Ziegenhals, KW: The property on the old NVA site allegedly belongs to the real estate company GKW Königs Wusterhausen. The company is registered in the Hamburg Commercial Register. The managing director is Joachim Felix Krebs, who is also involved with estate agent Karl-Heinz Kreutz, aka “King of Sylt”, in other projects, including in Bernau, but also in Bavaria.

Born claims to have learned from the owner that he is fully prepared to develop the property. The property on the old NVA site therefore belongs to the property company GKW Königs Wusterhausen. The company is registered in the Hamburg Commercial Register. The managing director is Joachim Felix Krebs, who is also involved with estate agent Karl-Heinz Kreutz, aka “King of Sylt”, in other projects, including in Bernau, but also in Bavaria.

Leave a Comment