Chip summons They have been piling up in Germany for a few months now. Alnatura got its start at the end of June, after a few weeks, the well-known organic brand extended the recall to other products. Within a few days, other suppliers pulled their snacks off the market, including pharmacy chain Rossmann, Franconian organic retailer dennree and Dutch organic food supplier Do-it (Amaizin).
they are now More than 20 different types of chips Affected by recall of plant toxins. give one Overviewthey explain Consequences of consumption and highlight the my knowledge For frequent food warnings clearly in part.
More than 20 types of chips have been recalled: Sellers warn against consuming the following products
- Chip remembers from Natura:
- Natural Corn Flakes, 125g – Best Before Date (MHD): All through Dec 7, 2022
- Alnatura Sweet Chili Corn Flakes 125g Best Before Date (MHD): All through Dec 7, 2022
- Natura Corn Rolls, 125g Best Before Date (MHD): Until Dec 7, 2022
- Chip remembers from Amazin / do it:
- Amaizin Paprika Tortilla Chips by Do-it Best Before Date (BBD): August 13, 2022 to March 5, 2023
- Amaizin Chili Tortilla Chips by Do-it – Best Before Date: August 13, 2022 to March 5, 2023
- Amaizin Natural Tortilla Chips by Do-it Best Before Date (BBD): August 13, 2022 to March 5, 2023
- Amaizin Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips by Do-it – Best Before Date: Aug 13, 2022 to Mar 5, 2023
- Amaizin Tomato Tortilla Chips by Do-it Best Before Date (BBD): August 13, 2022 to March 5, 2023
- Chip remembers from Denny:
- Dennree Salted Tortilla Chips, 125g Best Before Date: All (regardless of BBD)
- Dennree Sweet Pepper Tortilla Chips, 125g – Best Before Date: All (regardless of the best before date)
- Chip remembers from enerBio / Rossmann:
- Rossmann’s InnerBio Sweet Chili Tortilla Chips, 125g – Best Before Date: All (regardless of Best Before Date)
- Rossmann’s enerBiO Tortilla Chips Sea Salt, 125g – Best Before Date: All (apart from Best Predated)
- Chip remembers from home real estate:
- Bio Heimatgut Tortilla Chips Sea Salt, 125 g – best before date (BBD): Sep 12, 2022, Oct 9, 2022, Oct 10, 2022, Nov 10, 2022, Dec 12, 2022, Jan 10, 2023, Mar 3, 2023
- Heimatgut Organic Tortilla Chips Sweet Pepper 125g Best Before Date (MHD): Sep 14, 2022, Oct 9, 2022, Dec 11, 2022, Feb 3, 2023, Mar 2, 2023
- Bio Heimatgut Tortilla Rolls Sea Salt, 125g – Best Before Date (MHD): September 6, 2022, September 7, 2022, October 18, 2022, November 15, 2022, November 16, 2022, December 12, 2022, January 10, 2023, January 5, 2022 February 2023, March 3, 2023
- Bio Heimatgut Tortilla Rolls Salsa Style, 125g – Best Before Date (MHD): Sep 7, 2022, Oct 18, 2022, Nov 15, 2022, Dec 12, 2022, Jan 10, 2023, Feb 5, 2023, Mar 3, 2023
- call chip from import house Wilms / Impuls GmbH & Co. KG:
- Santa Maria Bio Salted Tortilla Chips (alternative name: Organic Corn Crispy Salted Tortilla Chips) – Best Before Date (MHD): Until March 30, 2023
- Chip remembers from FZ Organic Food BV:
- Trafo Chili Tortilla Chips, 75g Best Before Date (MHD): Aug 15, 2022 – Jan 9, 2023
- Trafo Chili Tortilla Chips, 200g Best Before Date (MHD): Aug 15, 2022 – Jan 9, 2023
- Travo Natural Tortilla Chips, 75g Best Before Date (MHD): Aug 15, 2022 to Jan 9, 2023
- Travo Natural Tortilla Chips, 200g Best Before Date (MHD): Aug 15, 2022 to Jan 9, 2023
- Tortilla Chips Nacho Cheese 75g Best Before Date (MHD): August 15, 2022 to January 9, 2023
As a precaution, anyone who has purchased packs of chips affected by the recall should not consume their contents anymore.
Customers can return products at the best dates mentioned above Back in stores.
All that calls for plant toxins: what is it? Tropan alkaloids and how dangerous?
The interesting thing about all of the above recalls is similarity. It’s about corn chips And it’s not about chips, all snacks are concerned Organic Products And the reason for the consumption warning is identical – Tropane alkaloidsthat are included in the food.
in Tropane alkaloids It is located around naturally occurring plant toxinsAnd the Explains the Rhineland-Palatinate (LUA) Bureau of Investigation. As the Freiburg Veterinary and Chemical Investigations Office (CVUA) adds, these come Botanical ingredients in beThe sound of field grass from the family The eggplant family Before. Datura common (Datura stramonium L.), black henbane (Hyoscyamus niger L.) and killer eggplant (Atropa belladonna L.) are mentioned. According to CVUA, more than 200 different tropane alkaloids have already been identified in plants. atropine And the scopolamine They are found in many of the corn flakes mentioned above – among the best members of the group studied.
They are known to be Even in low doses The heart rate It also affects the central nervous system drowsinessAnd the Headache And the nausea Wave. The Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) explains that impairment of tropane alkaloids is “possible even at very low doses”. Symptoms can include tachycardia, drowsiness, headache, or nausea. Babies and Babies Particularly reacts to toxins due to low body weight. Parents who notice the described symptoms in their children after eating cereal products made from corn and millet should consult a doctor immediately, advises the state office in Koblenz.
A pollution concern: How do tropane alkaloids get into food?
In addition to pills you can fields Moreover unwanted plants It grows that form tropane alkaloids, according to CVUA. Because these unwanted plants in crop They are automatically harvested, and seeds and parts of plants containing tropane alkaloids can also be obtained under the grain of cereals. It is possible to sort these seeds from the harvested crop, but it is very expensive and therefore not always completely feasible. Contaminated grains can eventually cause tropane alkaloids to end up in grain-based foods, i.e. in baby foodAnd the flour or cereal.
LUA explains why the problem is causing problems for organic farming in particular. Unwanted “weeds” will flourish mainly in all areas of grain cultivation, but in conventional arable farming they will proliferate The use of herbicides blocked.
As the Berlin Kirchhoff Institute adds, the production of tropane alkaloids is a valuable defense mechanism for plants against pest invasion. At the same time, putA worrying source of pollution for food and feed“
New EU maximum values since 2021
The Institute gives insight into the assessment of plant toxins in recent years: a report from February 2018 came to the conclusion that dietary exposure limit values (ie, the amount of a substance ingested by a human or animal through food) tropan alkali were exceeded in several population groups. The presence of tropane alkaloids, especially atropine and scopolamine, is a health concern.
Simply DIY Potato Chips: Best Product Ideas on Amazon
In 2021, the European Union din another meaning Max levels For the alkaloids tropine atropine and scopolamine for processed grain-based foods and baby foods containing millet, sorghum, buckwheat and their products. in this session New extremes for corn and maize products included in the list.
The Kirchhoff Institute concludes that “DrContamination of food and feed with tropane alkaloids is a “food safety issue of significant importance” and it is increasing all the time. Control of tropane alkaloid-containing crops in the field is of great importance, as the contaminants in harvested crops can only be partially eliminated.
For more interesting consumer news and the latest product recalls, click here.
* Note: In the editorial office we are always looking for useful products for our readers. The links provided in this article and marked with a shopping cart icon or asterisk are called affiliate links/sponsored links. If you click on one of these links or make a purchase through it, we receive a commission from the retailer. This does not change the price for you. Our editorial reports are primarily independent of the presence or amount of commission.